- Posted by Stephen Whiteley
- On 18/09/2017
At QuickSilverTranslate.com we can deliver the translations in whichever format you need. That includes PDF files, the most common format nowadays as it allows us send smaller files which can´t be (easily) edited by a third party.
But PDF files are not editable, which makes the translation process a little longer and more expensive than it needs to be. Having the original files (typically Word, Powerpoint, Illustrator or InDesign) from the beginning is extremely helpful, as we avoid copying and pasting text in and out of files in different formats, saving time and costs as well as avoiding mistakes.
Imagine your brochure or catalog has been created in Illustrator or InDesign. These are the possible delivery formats:
- In MS Word for you to do the layout work
- In a bilingual (two-column) .rtf file so that you can edit the translations and we can update the Translation Memories (TMs) we maintain for you
- In InDesign with no tweaking (in case you want to do it)
- In InDesign with tweaking, ready for printing.
FYI, we can also recreate in InDesign from PDF.
Finally, we can create Multilingual PDFs for you of the final document (sample attached). For an explanation of this product, please see our demo here: