- Posted by Stephen Whiteley
- On 23/10/2014
- Business translation
No matter how good a translation is, the review stages are essential for ensuring excellent results. Make sure your linguistic partner doesn’t cut corners here. Several pointers:
- Find out where translators are located. All languages are in a state of constant flux, and translators who live in the target market often deliver much better results.
- Make sure editors are well educated, professional linguists, aware of regional variants, cultural nuances and standard industry terminology.
- Discover whether the provider has checks and balances in place to validate translators’ work.
- Good translation agencies will have tight quality standards in place to isolate and stop using inadequate translators. Look out for ISO9001 certification as a guarantee of quality assurance and compliance with internal processes.